I am Bojhan Somers. Interaction designer working at User Intelligence in Amsterdam.
- Active as UX-Team Lead in the Drupal community
- Love to talk about opensource, information architecture and design
- Passionate about designing complex (web) applications and physical things
I have been interested in design from a young age. Building an understanding of how people use products and how to design a pleasant user experience.
For the last two years I've been involved in the Drupal community, helped form the UX team and have taken a lead role in bringing user experience changes to the core software. I enjoy the challenges of designing in an open source environment and am always looking to get new people involved.
I work as a freelance interaction designer, primarily on (web) applications. My client list includes Nokia, TomTom, Elsevier, UEFA and technology startups. Most of my work consists of running usability tests, interaction design and information architecture.
- Drupal 8: UX Team update: August 2012, Drupalcon Munich
- Designing Drupal 8: April 2012, Frontend United Amsterdam
- Drupal's core product: October 2011, BADCamp San Francisco
- How do users experience using Drupal 7?: June 2011, Drupalcamp Colorado
- How do users experience using Drupal 7?: May 2011, - Drupalcamp Twin Cities
- Drupal 7 : Interface patterns: March 2011, D4D - Drupalcon Chicago
- Design in Drupal Universe: November 2010, D4D - Prague
- Design in open source: September 2010, Design by Fire Café - Utrecht
- User experience in the Drupal Universe: June 2010, D4D - MIT
- UX and theming of Drupal 7: March 25, Fronteers - Amsterdam
- Drupal 7UX: November 2009, Drupalcamp Stockholm
- Design in Opensource: October 2009, GSOC Summit - Mountain View Google
- Building Blocks For Your Modules UI: September 2009, Drupalcon Paris
- Complex interfaces: June 2009, Drupaljam Utrecht
- Drupal 6 to Drupal 7: March 2009, Drupalcon DC - Washington DC
- Drupal Usability testing at University of Baltimore: March 2009, Drupalcon DC - Washington DC
- Creating Considerate Web Applications : July 2008 - Drupalcamp Colorado
The Definitive Guide to Drupal 7 - July, 2011
Co-author of the User Experience chapter